Kailash Mansarovar Yatra
Ways to connect with Lord Shiva
Over thousands of years, Lord Shiva is worshipped mostly in all religions. Countless qualities of Shiva can’t be described or put into words. Our holy Vedas and Puranas have addressed Shiva –The lord as God who can be pleased easily by the name of “Ashutosh” which means pleasing Shiva is easy for any pilgrim and even demons were known to have impressed Shiva easily in prehistoric times.
Below is the list of Eleven Unique ways to connect with Shiva to become a true devotee forever.
1. Free your mind of all clutter and be pure as fire –Remember your mind doesn’t control you and your actions. You should control your mind. A healthy mind with positive thoughts rules the world and all other senses are in total control.
2. Chant Om Namah Shiva- Start with daily practice of 108 times mantra and increase in multiples like 216,432 and keep going, you can achieve surprising benefits.
3. Visit Shiva temple often- Visit Shiva temple everyday spend some time at the temple premises and embrace the positive energy
4. Monday Fast for Lord Shiva- Fasting helps to clean our body. Recite “Rudrashtakam” mantra which helps you overcome hurdles of daily life
5. Listen to “Shiv Katha’- Shiv Katha or stories around 16 Mondays fasting will help you gain confidence, inner strength and success
6. Wear Eyes of Mahadev- “Rudraksha” to see the world from creator’s viewpoints –Wear a pure Rudraksha mala as it gets you closer to Shiva to become a true devotee
7. Worship Lord Shiva with water, Bilvapatra and flowers- Shiva will shower blessings and will bring the wealth
8. Visit Jyotirlinga and holy places associated with Shiva- Kailash Mansarovar yatra is the ultimate journey to please Lord Shiva
9. Read Shiv Purana or Shiv Gita to remember the teachings of Mahadev and apply to your life to achieve ultimate liberation.
10. Chant Shiv Sahasranama- Once Lord Vishnu wanted to please Shiva and chanted Sahasranama and donated his eyes to Mahadev in return Shiva was so pleased that “Sudarshana Chakra” was awarded to Lord Vishnu
It is believed any pilgrim who worships Shiva with purity of thoughts and devotion will not ever suffer even in the dreams. Shiva will shield from all hardships.