List of to do things at Kailash Mansarovar you should not miss
Kailash Mansarovar as most of you heard about is one and only heavenly abode of Lord Shiva, A pilgrimage like no other in the world. One of the most talked about religious and adventure trek that you would ever experience. Generally, Kailash yatra is done in groups and you may love to trek Kailash with friends/family. Average group sizes are around 30-35 pilgrims.
Expect stunning terrains, lofty mountains and a lot of great natural mountain views, Staying facilities are generally sharing basis due to a shortage of good accommodations in the Kailash region.
1. Flight, Helicopter ride -Ex Kathmandu
2. Mansarovar Lake - world’s highest freshwater lake around 100 kms in diameter, a holy dip in Mansarovar lake awaken inner consciousness make you free from the materialistic world and sins Stretching to the north of Mt. Kailash is the very surreal Mansarovar lake. A freshwater lake at 14,950 ft above sea level, it is the world’s highest freshwater lake. Views are nothing like anything seen before.
3. Mount Kailash parikrama or circumambulate which is 52 kms trek full of adventure -There is inner and outer Kora parikrama are allowed and dedicated pilgrims from all religions like Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism Parikrama has the highest level of significance to achieve LIBERATION. Usually takes 3 days you may hire a pony or yak to complete the parikrama.
4. Yam Dwar - The Starting point of Kailash inner Kora Parikarma, Yam Dwar is situated in Tibet region approx. 15500 feet, which is 15 Kms drive from Darchen.
Gateway of death -Yam Dwar legend says any pilgrim to visit Shiva's place should pass through the YAM DWAR as mortals’ souls like human beings are about to enter the immortal abode of Lord Shiva -His heaven.
5-Gauri Kund also known as Parvati Sarovar a blue color pond this pond has special significance in religious scripts as Goddesses Parvati acquired his son Ganesha and this pond is always guarded by the Lord Ganesha whosoever visits this magical pond.
6. Astapad meaning 8 holy steps is a place of significance in Jainism as the 1st ever first Jain Tithankar, great Rishabhdev attained nirvana and is considered to be the holiest of the holy Jain shrine.
7. Saptarishi caves – “Sapt” meaning 7 and rishi meaning, A beautiful nature sculpted caves where 7 rishis have done the difficult sadhana to achieve ENLIGHTENMENT.
8. Nandi Parbat- During the course of inner Mt. Kailash parikrama of around 34 kms trek, a mountain shaped as Nandi the faithful bull and loyalist of Lord Shiva is seen and worshipped
You'll love Mansarovar for [Mountain ranges, Lakes, adventure treks and heavenly views ]
Be watchful for frequent sudden climate changes [Harsh climate, Lack of modern amenities]
Best Time to Visit Kailash May - September
Height 21000 ft. above sea level
Remember a few lucky pilgrims get a chance to achieve the feat of completing Kailash Mansarovar yatra every year. Are you one of them?