Complete Journey Guide for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra 2019
Kailash Yatra journey preparation starts from within, good preparation is the key to success
Many tour operators from India including the Govt. approved agencies provide a to-do list, things pilgrims should carry while on Kailash Mansarovar Yatra, few provide tips and a list of Do’s or Dont’s.
Non-materialistic preparation of mind will lead to ultimate Enlightenment.
One out of every four people in this world dreams to visit Kailash once in a lifetime , all Hindus and The Buddhist community is an ardent follower of lord Shiva and journey to Kailash has it own significance and relevance.
Journey to Kailash is as magical as Lord Shiva- As a pilgrim you must devote yourself to Shiva as start your preparations once you book your seat for pre-defined Yatra dates.
Kailash season starts from May and last until the last week of September every year, Which tour operator should you chose and why?
Many private and Govt. agencies who conduct Kailash Mansarovar Yatra every year, if you have vacation and plenty of time to pursue this Yatra then you should choose Govt agency for your Yatra as the duration of Yatra ranges from 21 to 25 days Ex Delhi, there are several advantages of choosing a season private tour operator who carries rich experience in Kailash Yatra tour.
Private tour operators are flexible and are more pilgrim friendly from booking to completion Yatra, they would walk with you hand in hand and provide all the support required to complete Kailash Mansarovar Yatra timely with no hassles.
While you have reached Kailash to start the trek following tips will help you:-
1. Cultural change-You will experience and meet new people who are not from your community or culture and they speak different languages as Kailash is in Chinese territory so learn to respect and communicate ,Your tour guide will be with you during the Yatra.
2. Porters and pony guys- Seek help from tour guide to get the arrangement of pony/yak and porter they will facilitate and do negotiation with these local Sherpa's.
3. Altitude change/sudden climate changes- While doing Kailash Mansarovar Parikrama trek there is sudden climate changes and the altitude of 22,000 feet this high altitude sickness may hit you badly, you will feel heavy and drowsy while on trek to Kailash, Drink lots of water carry basic medicine box, carry lightweight backpack, eat light multiple times and always be within your group or people you have started the journey. Listen and follow your tour guide instructions carefully.
4. Things you should not forget to carry in your luggage- Warm waterproof jacket with a hood, waterproof shoes, hand gloves, umbrella, warm socks, 2 pairs of inner wear, first aid box, anti vomiting pills, a walking stick, sunglasses, sunscreen, Vaseline, anti fungal powder, crepe badges, a flashlight with extra batteries, a raincoat and Pooja material as per your religion.
5. Kailash Mansarovar Parikrama- Walk slowly, speak less conserve your energy, breathe adequately, take small breaks, a dull headache is common at this altitude so don’t worry and seek help and support in case of any abnormal symptom.
6. Kailash Parikrama is easy but challenging because of high altitude trick is to get used to climate changes, don’t rest immediately once you reach high altitude but to keep walking slowly and drink lots of water.
7. Travel insurance- Always ask for travel insurance from the tour operator for a handsome travel insurance ask for insurance specifically for Kailash Yatra.
8. Carry Chinese currency or USD (U.S dollars) as you may have to pay for some expenses while on Kailash Mansarovar Yatra.
9. Open fresh air toilets are a common sight during the Kailash trek, Parikrama break the shackles of the urban world and immerse yourself in the beauty of Kailash, adjust to the new change as it will bring inner peace of mind and body.
10. Reach out for help for any medical help- Kailash Mansarovar Yatra if you think you should ask for medical help or ambulance; reach out to the tour guide and ask for it, air ambulance and ground ambulance service is available for any medical emergencies.
Always remember to help your group and provide help as Journey is once in a lifetime affair, always fill your mind with positive thoughts and chant name of Shiva as lord himself will help you complete the journey, Shiva is ultimate guide, friend, philosopher, facilitator, coach and mentor- An invisible driving force behind your back watching you helping you at every moment.