Are you thinking about overcoming altitude sickness? Worried about high altitude sickness-on Kailash
Altitude sickness occurs when you travel to a high altitude too quickly, Kailash Mansarovar is at a height of 22,000 feet above sea level and during the trek or while doing Kailash Mansarovar inner or outer Kora parikrama you may undergo altitude sickness.
Want to know how to overcome altitude sickness-on Kailash Mansarovar yatra- Here are some useful tips.
Let’s quickly find out the symptoms:- Usually symptoms develop when you reach anything above 3000 metres (9000 feet) above sea level and Kailash trek is at 22,000 feet above sea level you may experience. They include:-
- nausea and vomiting
- appetite loss
- breath loss
- muscle fatigue
If you think you have altitude sickness, then following tips will help you:-
· Take adequate rest and good sleep
· Drink lots of water
· Don’t go higher for at least 24-48 hours and take a rest at camps
· If you have a headache, take ibuprofen or paracetamol
· If you feel sick, take an anti-sickness medication
· Avoid alcohol
· Don’t smoke
· Avoid exercise
· Take small breaks during treks
· Carry portable oxygen cylinder
· Eat light and easy to digest soul food eat high calorie food
· Eat fibre rich food
High altitude sickness symptoms requires due attention and care with prescribed precautions. It may lead to complications of lung and heart related disorders.
While on, Kailash Mansarovar yatra God Shiva is ultimate saviour and will lead you to the path of ENLIGHTMENT. Come prepared and rest everything will be fine. Keep the Josh high and enchant Om namah Shivaay!